Pearl Diver by Learning Games Lab
iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pearl-diver/id337567843?mt=8
Website Link: http://www.mathsnacks.com/pearldiver
Description: Practice number line skills (whole numbers, decimals, mixed numbers, and fractions).
- If it asks you to log into OpenFeint you can just cancel it by choosing "I don't want these features."
- The game progresses from whole numbers to fractions, to mixed numbers, etc.
- After every few rounds there is a "sushi" round where you have to estimate to cut an eel into a fraction. The closer your estimate to equal parts the more money you make in the game.
- Move your diver above the water. Tap below the water to make him dive. Tap the clam 3 times to open it and get the pearl. Avoid running into electric eels.
- Play the game to practice number line skills.
Feeling inspired? Comment below with your ideas! OR try it out with your class and leave comments about what you did and how it went!