Bill Atkinson PhotoCard - Postcards
iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bill-atkinson-photocard-postcards/id333208430?mt=8
Website Link: http://www.billatkinson.com/aboutPhotoCard.html
Description: Create photo postcards with Bill Atkinson's nature photos, or insert photos/screenshots of your own.
- We cannot sent the postcards via email on our CISD Guest Wireless Network.
- The voice option only works when you email the postcards.
- The postcards don't appear to be saved in any sort of gallery within the app.
- When finished the students could take a screenshot of their completed post card. You could then pull the screen shots off using a sync cable or they could "bump" the screenshots to you.
- There are many great photos by Bill Atkinson you could use. However, students could take their own photos or screenshots of an image to use instead.
- Take a photo of a shape. Students write the postcard from the point of view of the shape including sharing the attributes of the shape.
- Take a photo of a math workmat. Students write postcards to explain the concept they have learned.
- Take a photo of a science experiment. Write the postcard from the point of view of one of the necessary materials.
- Social Studies
- Take screen shots of landform photos. Students write a postcard as if they are visiting that landform.
- Language Arts
- Students choose a photo and write a postcard from the point of view of a character in a story.
- Students choose a photo and practice letter writing skills.
- Students take a photo/screenshot of an instrument/composer and write what they have learned about that concept.
- Students take a photo/screenshot of a piece of artwork and write from the point of view of the artist/subject.
Feeling inspired? Comment below with your ideas! OR try it out with your class and leave comments about what you did and how it went!