iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dice/id429412843?mt=8
Description: Dice rolling simulator app. Roll up to 5 dice on the iPod Touch or up to 20 on the iPad.
- Settings lets you control:
- Where the dice launch from
- Dice color (random produces multiple colored dice with each roll)
- Background (rolling surface)
- Number of Dice (up to 5 on iPod, up to 20 on iPad)
- Tapping the background rolls all dice.
- After each roll the total of all dice displayed is shown in the watermark number in the center of the screen (this total includes any dice saved in the sidebar).
- After each roll you can store dice in the side bar on the left.
- Dice can be moved around on the background to put them in order or sort them.
- Use the trash can symbol to reset the dice stored in the sidebar.
- Roll dice to generate data to practice graphing. Set the dice to number to 5 and the color to random. Students roll and create a chart to show the total rolled of each color. After 10 rolls, students graph the results.
- Roll dice to create random equations. If you use the random color, you could assign an operation to each color (green is add, yellow is subtract... etc).
- Roll dice and practice sorting by different attributes (color, number, odd, even, etc).
- Make a quick decision over who gets to go first for an activity. Have students roll 3 dice, the highest (or lowest) total gets to go first.
Feeling inspired? Comment below with your ideas! OR try it out with your class and leave comments about what you did and how it went!