Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

MailChimp

MailChimp

I'm testing out MailChimp as a way to subscribe to this blog via email.  Not really sure how that's going to work, but if you'd like to be a guinea pig for me click the subscribe link in the right menu area and get signed up. Once you click the link you will fill out a simple form.  Then you will have to go to your email and confirm your subscription.  I've set the email to go out each day at 9:00pm (Central).  So anytime I have a new post, it will show up that night in your email! (At least that's what the Chimp tells me!)  I think it will also automatically send out a Tweet and post to my Facebook Page.  Like I said, I'm just trying it out, so I may play around with those settings and see what I really want it to do.


MailChimp is FREE and seems like a great way to manage email marketing and it will auto-create an email for your blog via RSS feed.  If you have a class blog this might be a great way to send it out to parents! Here is a great online tutorial to get you started: http://mailchimp.com/resources/guides/html/mailchimp-for-bloggers/

No comments:

Post a Comment